Have you added a summerhouse to the garden at your Huddersfield home?
Would you like to use your summerhouse as a home office, entertainment space or just a place to escape the kids? Adding electrics to your summerhouse, or indeed any garden building, allows you to use it to its full potential. Having electrics in your summerhouse can make the difference between a garden room you can only use in the high summer and one you can comfortably use year-round. If you would like to add electrics to your summerhouse, JP Electrical are your local, experienced electrician in Huddersfield.
Electrics to enhance your summerhouse
Adding an electrical supply, be it in the form of lighting, electrical sockets or specific electrical appliances can help you to make the most of your summerhouse. With an electrical supply installed you can use your summerhouse comfortably:
- At night: Choose feature and mood lighting to turn your summerhouse into a warm and welcoming space to enjoy into the evening.
- For work: With electricity installed you can transform your summerhouse into a fully equipped home office.
- As a craft room: Whatever your hobbies may be, from sewing to oil painting, with electricity you can carry on creating into the night when the muse seizes you.
- As a space for entertaining: Create a second lounge area for entertaining. Perfect for parties with the addition of a fridge and smart speakers or as a place for the teens to relax with their friends.
- For gardening: Make mowing the lawn easier with the addition of an outside plug.
- In the cooler months: With lighting and electric heating you can make full use of your summerhouse whatever the weather.
The ways adding electricity can enhance your enjoyment of your summerhouse are endless. JP Electrical's experienced electricians can help you to choose the right combination of electrical elements for your needs.
Installing electricity in your summerhouse
Before any electrical installation work can begin in your summerhouse your electrician will want to ensure the building is watertight and safe to install an electrical supply too. They will discuss your wants and needs with you and make sure everything is planned with thought and care. An armoured cable will be laid to your summerhouse. This can either be buried in a trench or run along a fence. A secondary consumer unit may need to be installed to handle your additional power demands. The new circuit will also need to be protected by a residual current device (RCD). This keeps your safe by immediately cutting power should a fault occur. Electrical installations in the garden should always be carried out by a NICEIC or NAPIT registered electrician in accordance with Part P of UK Building Regulations. This is to keep you safe by ensuring all work is carried out by qualified, competent individuals. JP Electrical Huddersfield are proud to be registered with NICEIC. An electrical installation certificate will be issued once work is completed and your electrician will notify building control at your local authority.
If you would like to add electrics to your summerhouse, JP Electrical are here to help. Our electricians are fully qualified and NICEIC registered and have a wealth of experience in installing electrics in garden buildings. Based in Marsden, Huddersfield we are your friendly local electrician. Contact us today.