Electric heating - its energy efficient and environmentally friendly but what else do you need to know? In this blog, we’ll discuss the different types of electric heating methods, the benefits, and how to choose which system will work best for your home in Huddersfield. JP Electrical – your local, trusted electric heating experts based in Huddersfield.
What is electric heating?
Electric system is as you’ve probably guessed, any kind of heating system which is powered solely by electricity. Electric heating is growing rapidly across the UK and Huddersfield, as people turn towards cleaner, emission free ways of heating their homes. Electric heating as advanced dramatically over recent years, storage heaters although still popular are not the only method of electric heating on the market.
Electric heating benefits:
- A wide range of products available.
- Zero emission output.
- Mix & match product wise.
- Zoned & precision heating.
- Low maintenance costs.
- Smart heating controls.
- Improved air quality within the home.
- Energy tariffs such as Economy 7 & 10 can help to save on running costs.
Types of electric heating:
- Storage heaters: storage heaters are a great low-cost option of electric heating. They work in harmony with energy tariffs by generating heat during the hours when demand isn’t as high. They store this heat to then be used during the whole day – avoiding the expensive daytime rate. Some storage heaters are WIFI compatible and come with enhanced energy saving features like weekly programmes. Storage heating is durable and requires little maintenance.
- Electric radiators: Electric radiators use a metal heating element within the heater itself which creates warmth which then projects out into the room. The way they work is very similar to standard central heating radiators however they can be used on a standalone basis. They’re available in three different types including oil filled, oil free and ceramic. Again, electric radiators are compatible with WIFI and smart technology, easy to maintain and save energy. Another plus is they’re available in a wide range of colours and designs to tie in with your existing décor style.
- Underfloor heating: Electric underfloor heating (arguably the most luxury type) is again popular for many reasons. If installed and utilised properly it can be very efficient and save you money in the long run. It operates by generating heat through electrical resistance; projecting this evenly across the surface. As we all know, heat rises so underfloor heating can warm rooms quicky and effectively. Again, available in a few different forms to suit different flooring types. Once installed underfloor heating requires zero maintenance, takes up less space and is very easy to operate.
Electric heating experts Huddersfield
JP Electrical – your local electricians specialising in electric heating installations. If you’re considering a new all electric heating system or want some advice on choosing a couple of standalone options, get in touch with our friendly team today. We will listen to your concerns, give you our expert recommendations and plan a system which gains you a cosy, warm home which is economical and saves you money!