It’s safe to say that rising energy costs are at the forefront of many Huddersfield business owners’ minds.
There are several steps that commercial businesses can take to reduce their energy usage and their bills. JP Electrical are based in Marsden and serve the greater Huddersfield area. Our experienced commercial electricians have put together their top energy saving tips for businesses to help you to take control of your energy bills and maintain an efficient workplace.
Energy Efficient Lighting
One of the simplest ways to save energy and reduce your electricity bills is to install energy efficient LED lighting in your premises. LED lighting uses significantly less energy than its fluorescent and incandescent counterparts – up to 80% less! That translates to real savings on your energy bills as lighting costs account for around 25-35% of your energy bill.
As well as increased energy efficiency LED lighting comes with a host of additional benefits.
- Long Lifespan – LED light bulbs last 8 times longer than fluorescent bulbs. Less bulbs to buy and less time spent replacing them.
- Comfortable Lighting – LED lighting produces a constant white light that mimics natural light with no annoying flickering. This makes it far more comfortable to work under and reduces eyestrain and headaches amongst your workforce.
- No Heat Loss – LED lighting does not generate heat in the same way as traditional bulbs. This not only makes it safer but means you won’t be needing to turn the air conditioner on to keep things comfortable.
If you would like to upgrade your commercial lighting to energy efficient LED lighting, JP Electrical will be happy to talk through your options.
Smart Technology for Businesses
Smart technology allows you to take greater control of your energy use. A smart thermostat installation will help you to reduce the costs associated with heating and cooling your premises. Smart thermostats are ideal for smaller commercial premises such as offices, shops and restaurants.
Installing a smart thermostat can:
- Reduce overall heating costs by up to 15%.
- Allow you to turn off heating when your premises are closed.
- Help you create an efficient heating schedule by collating the data your smart thermostat provides.
Let you remotely control the thermostat through smartphone apps – no need to worry if you forgot to switch the heating off at the end of the working day.
JP Electricals Marsden based electricians are experienced in the installation of smart technology for business use. We will be happy to demonstrate how smart technology can help reduce your energy bills.
Switch to USB Sockets
USB Sockets can be a great way to increase energy efficiency in your business. Most USB chargeable devices charge 40% faster via USB than through a plug socket. Less power is needed and there is less downtime waiting for devices to charge. This is particularly useful in retail environments that rely on tablets to complete sales. USB plug sockets are stylish, unobtrusive and are quick for a qualified electrician to install.
If you would like to discuss your options for energy saving with a friendly, experienced electrician, call JP Electrical today. Our Marsden, Hudderfield based electricians are fully qualified and NICEIC registered and are happy to advise you on the best ways for your business to make savings on your energy bill.