Are you planning a new garden lighting design for your Huddersfield home?
The right garden lighting design can totally transform your garden into an elegant outdoor living space. JP Electrical are your local, experienced garden lighting electricians in Huddersfield. We are here to help you create the perfect garden lighting installation and to help you realise your gardens full potential.
Garden Lighting Design
Clever garden lighting design can make your garden a natural extension of your living space. It can help you to create an outdoor living area that is warm and welcoming from dusk till dawn. The right garden lighting can be multipurpose and used to create interest and drama all year round. Choosing an electrician who is experienced and skilled in planning garden lighting will bring many benefits. Not only will the installation itself be high quality but so to will be their advice. They will assist you in looking at your outdoor space as a whole and help you to see where small tweaks to your plans could bring great rewards. They will help you to consider how you use your garden and will ask questions about how your lighting design ideas could aid this. As experienced garden lighting electricians, JP Electrical are always happy to help Huddersfield homeowners with their garden lighting designs.
Garden Lighting Ideas
So, what should you consider when making plans for your garden lighting? Here are a few key points that will help you create a stunning garden lighting design that brings your garden to life.
- Accessibility: When planning your garden lighting, think about how you plan to move around the space. If you need to cross the lawn to your patio area, then consider lighting the path to help prevent any accidents. Steps should also be lit to prevent falls. Post lights, wall lights and recessed lighting can all be used to create beautiful, safe pathways.
- Multipurpose: When planned carefully, your garden lighting can fulfil more than one function. The right lights will not only make your garden look fantastic but can also make it harder for intruders to enter your property without being seen. Try to place lighting so that any darker areas are not concealing entry points or add motion activated security lighting (PIR Lighting) to those areas a part of your overall design.
- Layering: Key to successful lighting design both in the home and in the garden is layering your lighting. Create interest and warmth by having your garden lighting set at different heights and with variable brightness to match the mood. Try adding some festoon or fairy lights to your patio alongside the brighter task lighting to create a more intimate mood.
- Water Features: Adding a new water feature or illuminating an existing one will create wonderful movement within your lighting design.
- Key Features: Think about which plants or garden art would look most dramatic when lit up by a spotlight and make that a central part of your plans. Choose just one or two key pieces as too many could overwhelm the overall affect.
If you are planning a garden lighting design in Huddersfield and would like the advice of an experienced and qualified electrician, call JP Electrical in Huddersfield today. Our highly skilled, friendly electricians will be happy to talk you through the options for your new garden lighting installation.