Have you considered installing driveway lighting at your Huddersfield home? Do you have questions about what lighting would work best?
JP Electrical are your experienced local electrician in Huddersfield. If you are thinking of installing driveway lighting, we can help you design and plan a driveway lighting installation that will look great and makes it easier to park after dark.
There are several different styles of driveway lighting available and your electrician can help you to select the one that would best suit your Huddersfield home.
The man lighting styles installed on driveways are:
- Bollard Lights: Also known as post lights, these lights stand tall and provide excellent visibility when navigating the driveway. They come in a range of colours and styles so you can choose one that suits your personal style.
- Ground Lights: Set into the ground, these driveway lights provide low level lighting to help guide your vehicle home.
- Wall lights: Available in a multitude of options, if your driveway is bordered by a wall or fence you can opt for wall mounted lighting. You can choose from traditional lanterns, sleek low-profile lights or striking down lights.
What is involved in installing Driveway lighting?
The are several steps we undertake when planning and installing the driveway lighting at your Huddersfield home.
- Selecting the best locations for your driveway lighting: In consultation with yourself, our electricians will work out where your driveway lighting would best be placed. We will consider ambient light levels, what overall effect you would like and ask you to think about how you use the space. In some homes, the driveway is also the pedestrian access to the property and so lighting may be needed in additional spots to aid safe passage. Well planned driveway lighting can improve your outdoor area and make it more user friendly.
- Placing and connecting cabling to your Driveway Lighting: Outdoor lights, including driveway lighting, need a reliable and safe power supply. This will usually involve some digging on our part to install SWA armoured cabling to safely route your electrical supply. We will plan the best route for this cabling and aim to cause as little disruption as possible.
- Installing and testing your driveway lights: The final stage is fitting, connecting and then testing your new driveway lighting. We will work to our agreed lighting design and install the lights in the correct locations before testing them to ensure they work properly.
Outdoor Lighting Installation
When installing driveway lighting at your Huddersfield home, it makes sense to consider whether further outdoor lighting would be beneficial.
Some ideas to consider:
- We can install motion sensor security lighting at the end of your driveway to provide better lighting when you want to access your car.
- Would pathway lighting make it easier for your visitors to access your home on foot? We can continue your driveway lighting theme right to your front door, creating a pleasing and welcoming effect.
- Would the rest of your outdoor space benefit from some well-placed lighting? We can plan an outdoor lighting installation that makes your whole home look its best at night. A combination of porch lighting, feature lighting and low-level plant lighting can create a beautiful effect.
If you would like to install driveway lighting at your Huddersfield home, contact us at JP Electrical. Our experienced, fully qualified electricians will be happy to share their expertise and discuss your plans. Call our friendly, Huddersfield based team today.